Looks like we've all deserted that sinking ship..

..I'll stick around there to sort out the Golf Day, then it's 'goodbye from me'
I never posted on AVFTT but read it a lot. Too many WUM'S on there. Seems a lot more measured and less "cliquey" on here
hello duke . forget their golf day what about ours m8 .
westlancsunsocialclub wrote:

If only I knew what a WUM is.

WUM = Wind up Merchant (=troll)

Then you weren't ever on the BBC 606? It was an amazing forum site till it closed down at the end of last season, supposedly for cost savings, but their poor mods were frankly overwhelmed! Each club had their board, but once signed up you could post on any board. We had hell on the Reading board - for example, multiple identities (one guy with a dozen user names was banned and it showed that a 20-page conversation was largely him having a conversation with himself!), and WUM practices (always predicting a Royals defeat, and sure relegation to League 1, got so boring!) etc. Of course this is very different to having passion for YOUR club - e.g. we had ding-dongs with QPR fans but it was based on real fan ironic banter where each had to defend his patch, but never malicious!

Now the BBC 606 has gone there's a dozen in it's place, I signed up for quite a few, and did a survey on them - perhaps impartially speaking the JA 606 forum takes the nod as far as Championship teams go, but a number of forums will bite the dust in next 24 months. That's why INDIVIDUAL club forums will rule the roost, and I see every possibility of 'Back Henry Street' of being the major fans' interaction for BLACKPOOL matters of the future - so treat the away fans well and you're onto something good!!! I've nothing against the 'other' forum as such, just that if I'm truthful they have their heads in the sand far more ... so GO FOR IT!!!

Multiple Identites? Really? Why would anyone ever need more than one username?

Some people eh.

Yep, at the end of the day you feel sorry for them, got nothing else in life I suppose. But ... Royals Rendezvous started off at the very end of Dec 2010 by a hardcore group of about 50 BBC606 users who simply said "enough is enough" and decided to form their own forum to 'escape' this trauma, and now post even more regularly - but before, can you imagine a 2,000 post topic where over 1,600 were posted by less than a half-dozen "wind up merchants talking to themselves" putting down the club?!!! That's why our forum RR is absolutely free to anyone socially participative, but we turn the real screw (=bans) on trouble-makers! And the members thank us for a tough stance ...
At least we know what to look out for now!!
Duke - I can't post on there so let me know of updates for the golf day, I may have some of our footy team interested, can u confirm it's 6th July and £26
daib0 wrote:

WUM = Wind up Merchant (=troll)

Then you weren't ever on the BBC 606? It was an amazing forum site till it closed down at the end of last season, supposedly for cost savings, but their poor mods were frankly overwhelmed! Each club had their board, but once signed up you could post on any board. We had hell on the Reading board - for example, multiple identities (one guy with a dozen user names was banned and it showed that a 20-page conversation was largely him having a conversation with himself!), and WUM practices (always predicting a Royals defeat, and sure relegation to League 1, got so boring!) etc. Of course this is very different to having passion for YOUR club - e.g. we had ding-dongs with QPR fans but it was based on real fan ironic banter where each had to defend his patch, but never malicious!

Now the BBC 606 has gone there's a dozen in it's place, I signed up for quite a few, and did a survey on them - perhaps impartially speaking the JA 606 forum takes the nod as far as Championship teams go, but a number of forums will bite the dust in next 24 months. That's why INDIVIDUAL club forums will rule the roost, and I see every possibility of 'Back Henry Street' of being the major fans' interaction for BLACKPOOL matters of the future - so treat the away fans well and you're onto something good!!! I've nothing against the 'other' forum as such, just that if I'm truthful they have their heads in the sand far more ... so GO FOR IT!!!

I hate to pry at this unearthly hour of the day Señorita, but it's just a football message board. Soz.

Yes JD

9.30AM At Garstang on 6th July
I was getting that feeling......
What about the other you?? :)

Which other me? I have over 200 on AVFTT, here just the one, the only one I will ever need.

Jeez - how the hell do you keep up with yerself!!??!! :huh:

I couldn't cope with more than one - i'd probably start an argument with myself

[hr]

Bentent wrote:

no you wouldn't...

[hr]

Bentent wrote:

[hr]

no you wouldn't...

yes you would - see it's happening already!

Bugger - i was trying to increase my post count!!

only 8 to go
Dunno - presume our delightful admin (or even new mod DD) will know

(that's another post down)
Who the hell just posts randomly because they are close to another star ffs
What other site? ;)
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Who the hell just posts randomly because they are close to another star ffs

me.............. and apparently you ;)

Just posted my last ever post on that joke of a web site, I draw the line at so called pool fans slagging off other fans for not making enough noise at reading.
I will still view/post on AVFTT but nowhere near as much as i did before. I think some of the mods on AVFTT think they are more important than the site itself.

This site is a breath of fresh air.

Every credit to whoever set this up and a fantastic name aswell
Careful beaks, Blackpool were a breath of fresh air last season and look what ended up happening ;)