January Home : W,W,D,W Away : D

February Home : D, L Away : W,W,W

March Home : D,W,D Away : L,L,L

Home P9, W4, D4, L1

Away P7, W3,D1,L3

Those three away wins in February have been absolutley crcuical in keeping us anywhere near contention. Looking at the 2012 form book, you'd normally be happy with that, but the reality is that we are just a mid table side. The three away wins have 'masked' it to a certain extent. We needed to have another three points out of the home games in Feb and March to have given us a better chance of surviving this run of difficult games. The fact that we are now firing blanks away from home at the business end of teh season doesn't bode well at all because it makes it even more vital we get the three points at home in the rest of the games. This increases the mental pressure massively.

Fortunately, we've got four more home games, and only three more away trips. If we get the win against Southampton, then I think we'll sneak into 6th position. Effectively its game over if we don't.
clappers wrote:

Fortunately, we've got four more home games, and only three more away trips. If we get the win against Southampton, then I think we'll sneak into 6th position. Effectively its game over if we don't.

I semi agree with you on that. The thing with Blackpool is we're just as likely to beat Southampton and lose to Barnsley. Or Lose both and win the other 5! We are consistently inconsistent, there is literally NO POINT trying to predict our results. Kind of the beauty of following this club
Victor_Vein_Bulger wrote:

We are consistently inconsistent

You could well be right, but our away form is looking worryingly consistent at the moment.
BELIEVE
Victor_Vein_Bulger wrote:

We are consistently inconsistent,

spot on! ;)

At least I've seen posts predicting the scores right. I don't think anyone has guessed the team selection correctly this year. They must have a bingo ball tumbler and just pick the first 11 numbers that come up.
The problem is the only place we have don't have competition for places is where we need it the most: the back 5.

Halstead, Hill, Bignot, Wilson, Harris, Eardley...not going to replace Gilks, Evatt, Baptiste, Cathcart and Crainey, no matter how bad those play