The Football Association has announced that England will have a new kit supplier from spring 2013.

The new deal with Nike, which lasts until 2018, brings a 60-year association with Umbro to an end.

England's kits have been made by Umbro since 1952, apart from 1974 to 1983, when Admiral had the contract.

BBC
About time too. Umbro kits are shite. Adidas make the best ones in my opinion
Prefer Nike over Adidas. Not a fan of those stripes on the collar - novelty worn off for me.
An American company with kids sweat shop labour. A UK supplier teamed with a UK designer ( who is not the vegetarian daughter of a rock star) would have been a better option.
Been on the cards for awhile! Nike bought umbro a few years ago!
sort an argument at home

is it pronounced Nike as in Bike

or Nike as in pikey
The yanks say Nike as in pikey ! Name of a Greek / roman god!

But there again they can't spell colour!
Bentent wrote:

sort an argument at home

is it pronounced Nike as in Bike

or Nike as in pikey

Nike as in pikey.

A lot of people don't pronounce Adidas correctly either.
Nikey over here.

color too...no point in the u. :D

[hr]

In Greek mythology, Nike (Greek Νίκη, pronounced /'nike/ "NEE-keh", meaning "Victory") , was a goddess who personified triumph and victory.

so it should be promounced NEEK EH according to the Greeks and she's their god.
Not fussed that the umbro association has come to an end. Nike do make some nice kits, though probably won't buy one though, waste of money.

Pubclown wrote:

Nike as in pikey.

A lot of people don't pronounce Adidas correctly either.

Is it A-di-das or Adi-das?

I hear people say both... :I'm confused:
The German bloke that found Adidas was called Adi Dasler so Id say Adi-das
Mike1989 wrote:

Not fussed that the umbro association has come to an end. Nike do make some nice kits, though probably won't buy one though, waste of money.

Is it A-di-das or Adi-das?

I hear people say both... :I'm confused:

Officially it's Adi-das but a lot say A-di-das.

Having worked for a sports company for 4 years in the past and having to endure both Nike and Adidas promotional events you get to hear them say things properly.

The Nike do was ok I guess as I won a Brazil match worn shirt from some defender from 2002. Soon sold it.