members do not see advertisements

Appy gone

By blackpool ger in

Blackpool FC

5 years ago
RE: Appy gone
By blackpool ger 5 years ago
Where do we go from here then? You hope Koko comes on to Sky and Explains it all and why? Cameras still there.
By Bentent 5 years ago
This defo ger?
By Bally 5 years ago
Compo agreed
By tangerinejezza 5 years ago
koko to commit harecare! or however you spell it! lol
By Magic147 5 years ago
SSN said he'll be an observer at Wolves v Blackburn tomorrow night - expected to be unveiled in next 24 hours.

Shot of him loading his car with a couple of bags which they said was earlier this evening leaving Bloomers.
Yep he's gone Steve. What a fucking Joke. Two months.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 years ago
Yep ...Guardian saying it's just the fine print now and includes Westwood.

What a fucking season :oops:
Magic147 wrote:

SSN said he'll be an observer at Wolves v Blackburn tomorrow night - expected to be unveiled in next 24 hours.

Shot of him loading his car with a couple of bags which they said was earlier this evening leaving Bloomers.

It was only about back o 5 when he left. Cameras were still there but don't know if they are now. Koko probably refused to speak to them.
By Qblock87 5 years ago
From The Sporting Life...

Blackburn have moved a step closer to naming their third manager this season after Blackpool gave them permission to open talks with Michael Appleton.

Rovers made an official approach to their npower Championship counterparts on Wednesday night and former Portsmouth boss Appleton, who only took the reins at Bloomfield Road on November 7, now appears set to succeed Henning Berg at Ewood Park.

Blackpool first-team coach Ashley Westwood will also discuss terms with Rovers

A statement on Blackpool's official website, www.blackpoolfc.co.uk, read: "Blackpool FC can confirm that, following discussions with Blackburn Rovers and Michael Appleton, permission has been granted for the manager and Ashley Westwood to discuss personal terms with the club."

Following widespread reports on Thursday morning that Blackpool had rejected the initial approach for Appleton, Blackburn managing director Derek Shaw told Press Association Sport that the two clubs remained "in discussions".

Appleton's scheduled 12:30pm press briefing at Pool's Squires Gate training ground was cancelled and assistant manager Steve Thompson took first-team training in his absence.

Blackburn caretaker manager Gary Bowyer told his own press conference that he expects to remain in charge for Friday night's televised clash with Wolves at Molineux.

Reserve team boss Bowyer and Rovers' head of youth Terry McPhillips have overseen three consecutive wins since Berg was sacked on December 27, following one win in 10 matches as Steve Kean's replacement.

Last week Blackburn issued a statement to confirm the duo would remain in charge until the end of January but Bowyer fully understands the altered circumstances.

He said: As far as we're aware we were told we had it until the end of January but, like I stressed last week when that announcement was made, we understand that anything can happen in that month.

"That seems to be what's happened at the moment. The club have made an approach and it's an official approach.

"To be perfectly honest, it's nothing to do with me. It's a board matter. I think it would be wrong of me to comment on a manager at another football club.

"Until we're told otherwise we'll continue to do what we've done and that's prepare the players for the game tomorrow."

Appleton has won two and drawn seven of his 11 Championship games in charge of Blackpool having taken over on the back of Ian Holloway's departure to Crystal Palace.

His last victory was a 2-0 home triumph over Blackburn in the penultimate match of Berg's reign.

The Seasiders lie 14th in the table and six points shy of the play-offs - one point and one place behind Rovers.

Blackburn's outspoken global advisor Shebby Singh appears to have been marginalised during the pursuit of Appleton, with Thursday night's official statement attributed to Shaw following a widely reported breakdown in relations between the two in the wake of Berg's sacking.
By seasider 5 years ago
Merging threads until it's official.

Is there anyone from Blackpool (E.G. Oyston) going to appear on the radio for an explanations? We are only the fans so not holding my breath.
By Bally 5 years ago
By seasider 5 years ago
Great!

Now time for the explanations..... or the spin that Oyston, BSA and the Gazette will put on it.
seasider wrote:

Merging threads until it's official.

I wouldn't have said he was gone if It wasn't official.
By seasider 5 years ago
Sorry.. forgive me?

This can be the official thread for when the official announcement is made ;)
By tangerine77 5 years ago
Ger does everything by the book:laugh:
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
Appleton gains nothing from telling the truth just the same as Ollie. Karl has many meanings of the word truth to pick from so what do you expect of value to be said. The fact of the matter is Ollie left our cash rich club after just missing out on promotion and Appy joined us from the dreaded Portsmouth who are held up as the club we must be afraid of not becoming after two months to join the most turbulent club in the entire league on a short term contract.

What more do you need to know??????
seasider wrote:

Sorry.. forgive me?

This can be the official thread for when the official announcement is made ;)

Thank you.
By veinspider 5 years ago
I think the saying is "if you don't stand for something, U will fall for anything" MO heard the promise, saw the lies and stood by his principles and left. Is rovers the right club for him. Prob not. But at least he can spend and do things his way.

Its funny tho, only two weeks ago we all said. Ah rovers such a joke club atm....how the tables have turned.
By seasider 5 years ago
Yep, I am actually quite embarrassed to be a Blackpool fan tonight. Not said that in years; in fact quite the opposite.
By stevie m 5 years ago
Another nail in our clubs reputation, what manager will want to come here, if the chairman has no faith in his appointments or desire to keep them.
By Rimm-BFC 5 years ago
who in their right mind would be interested in the BFC manager's position now???

Well done KOKO :dunce:
By seasider 5 years ago
stevie m wrote:

Another nail in our clubs reputation, what manager will want to come here, if the chairman has no faith in his appointments or desire to keep them.

The fans deserve answers but we will get the obvious spin by the relevant parties. I bet they are thinking of what to say as we speak.

PS. Welcome to the forum.
By FY4MIKEH 5 years ago
Rimm-BFC wrote:

who in their right mind would be interested in the BFC manager's position now???

Well done KOKO :dunce:

Thommo he's desperate.:laugh: Mickey Mellon dining with koko in Rowleys as we speak.

It looks like MELLON AND MADDEN'S TANGERINE ARMY.
By seasider 5 years ago
FY4MIKEH wrote:

Thommo he's desperate.:laugh: Mickey Mellon dining with koko in Rowleys as we speak.

It looks like MELLON AND MADDEN'S TANGERINE ARMY.

Where is this from?
By HOL 9000 5 years ago
What happens if Blackburn/Appleton talks break down what then?

They have a worse chairman than us it's not impossible.
By tangerinejezza 5 years ago
HOL 9000 wrote:

What happens if Blackburn/Appleton talks break down what then?

They have a worse chairman than us it's not impossible.

Think everything is agreed! Don't expect appy back unless its with a visiting team!
By seasider 5 years ago
He better not come back now. I've moved on already.

I never got over the PNE Tattoo rumours ;)
By klubb29 5 years ago
A rag through and through but must admit quite disturbing the nobbers at work thought it was fantastic signing at the time
By Kseasider 5 years ago
Glad the ex nobber and his boy toy have gone, :bye bye:
By MR-DD 5 years ago
I'm happy that agent appetizer has gone