members do not see advertisements
members do not see advertisements

Do the managers have more balls than the fans?

By Sandgrownundeux in

Blackpool FC


5 years ago
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
We are a club that narrowly missed out on promotion last season. We have a squad which has some great talent in it and guaranteed millions via the parachute payments. So we have many advantages over other clubs for an out of work or ambitious manager, so why are we having a problem?



We lost a manager and then another manager two months into the job who went to the most turbulent club in the entire league. Why?



It would seem that the prospective managers have more balls than the enabling apologist "fans" even though they have far more finances at stake than the price of admission to watch BFC. It might be thanks to the managers that say no that some needed change comes to BFC. It's a long shot, but nice to see people stand up for something and have some self respect.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By MR-DD 5 years ago
This guy is class :D

And some posters think I have mental issues :scratch_chin:
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By blackpool ger 5 years ago
MR-DD wrote:

This guy is class :D

And some posters think I have mental issues :scratch_chin:





We don't think you have we know you do.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
Truth hurts DD?
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By MR-DD 5 years ago
Sandgrownundeux wrote:

Truth hurts DD?





Nothing hurts me SGD ,Have you not realised that yet

I will see you in Parkwood soon :eeek::eeek:
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
Not on my agenda. You enjoy yourself. Anything pertinent to the point raised in the op?

Avoidable stupidity and rank corruption be that legalised fiduciary/moral corruption and greed make me sad when it comes to our town and our club. But no one stands up for anything in Blackpool so you get what you get.



The bulk get shortchanged. The apologists get index linked and the family businesses get richer.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By MR-DD 5 years ago
Haha Indeed old son :clap::clap:



I proper buzz off you
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Plumby 5 years ago
"fans"...



*sigh*
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
It appears they do. How sad. Duly noted moving right along.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 years ago
The thing is sandy, it's a different title but has the same thrust of most of your posts to date:



"The apologists get index linked and the family businesses get richer"



Well over 90% of this board are anti-oyston or don't care for the pro or anti topic as it's been done to death. You are preaching to the choir, the actual choir that sings every week.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By MR-DD 5 years ago
I disagree with the 90 %

A lot of pro oyston supporters are scared to stand up ,due to the horrible posters on this board

I would say it's 65% pro oyston

35% anti oyston

10% not bothered

FACT
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By philbarnes'missingfinger 5 years ago
MR-DD wrote:

,due to the horrible posters on this board





harsh statement on here, i dont think there are any genuine horrible people that post here, everyone has an opinion, just because they want oytson out, does not make them horrible
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
As a businessman who has a main interest in strip mining an asset and getting passive income streams from synergy between subsidiary business interests then you could give a modest round of applause to all that Karl has done.



If you are a businessman interested in growing a business, keeping it competitive, establishing a brand both in the UK and abroad, establishing a physical and personnel infrastructure then you would demand daddy's little boy's resignation for incompetence.



As fans I would say most are interested in what is best for the club and the town both in short term and long term planning. The fans may not have balls and the state of the town would indicate they don't but if they are pro Oyston then they need to get on the bus and go to Parkwood with you.



I believe they have given up hope and shirked responsibility. They have balls they've just forgotten how to use them.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By blackpool ger 5 years ago
MR-DD wrote:

I disagree with the 90 %

A lot of pro oyston supporters are scared to stand up ,due to the horrible posters on this board

I would say it's 65% pro oyston

35% anti oyston

10% not bothered

FACT





Haha your a card DD. Its only a message board why would they be scared.?
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By tangerinejezza 5 years ago
MR-DD wrote:

I disagree with the 90 %

A lot of pro oyston supporters are scared to stand up ,due to the horrible posters on this board

I would say it's 65% pro oyston

35% anti oyston

10% not bothered

FACT





bollocks !!

give me.proof 65% are pro oyston !! certainly not.sat around me or talking under the stands
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
GSP they don't care????



What has don't care gotten you in life in any way shape or form. Don't care always is no fun and costs far more to rectify in the long run.



Pick your punches yes, and only 24 hrs in the day, but don't care is for cowards and losers and despite what the rest of the country thinks I know the people of Blackpool are better than that. They've just forgotten how to be better and wallow in mediocrity.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Plumby 5 years ago
I do think we have "adopted" some of the more fundamentals from AVFTT recently...



& I also agree that t'internet naturally brings out the extreme positions. It was obvious last night that the majority of fans are apathetic at best.



Like myself, I'm at an age where I'm just happy to be sat down watching my club in nice surroundings in a great league. My days of sitting in the centre circle have passed. Doesn't mean I'm pro or anti. Just *meh*.



Revolution is for the young.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
So Olly leaving to a club with less money, Appy leaving after two months and going to the Venky's and every manager knocking us back .. are they extremists?



Your scenario of putting yourself out to pasture, allows miscreants even the ferrari driving ones, or the index linked ones to flourish, which costs you far more money in the long run than standing up and saying no.



Also not very fair when you are the adult on watch to your kids is it?
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 years ago
Sandgrownundeux wrote:

GSP they don't care????



What has don't care gotten you in life in any way shape or form. Don't care always is no fun and costs far more to rectify in the long run.



Pick your punches yes, and only 24 hrs in the day, but don't care is for cowards and losers and despite what the rest of the country thinks I know the people of Blackpool are better than that. They've just forgotten how to be better and wallow in mediocrity.





sandy.... what I actually said is different than what you reacted to.... there is a huge difference between don't care and don't care for the pro or anti topic
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By MR-DD 5 years ago
Horrible :)
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
No if you think about it it's bang on topic.



If you don't care pro or anti you have no opinion on BFC as Karl has never been able or motivated to reach a middle ground. If he had there would be no such thing as pro or anti topics being discussed.



If you are pro, see earlier post on businessman in this thread but basically you are not a BFC fan as Karl's done nothing for the club to build it or secure it's future. On or off the field the club is not structured for success and that is entirely the responsibility of the chairman.



If you are Anti then you do care about the club because you realise that there's still time to put the club on a firm footing both on a short and long term basis if sensible investment is followed. It won't under Karl or Owen as they have no love for the club. It's purely a portfolio business.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Cheesyleps 5 years ago
Sandgrownundeux wrote:

If you are pro, see earlier post on businessman in this thread but basically you are not a BFC fan as Karl's done nothing for the club to build it or secure it's future.





So it is you who gets to decide if someone is a 'fan' or not then is it? Once again, this idea that the people who follow our team week in, week out, up and down the country are not fans is trotted out! That must take some gall whilst sitting the opposite side of the Atlantic.



You sir, are a complete and utter moron.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 years ago
I have a strong opinion on war, religion and immigration into the US from Mexico. I do not care to discuss the topics on here.



..Do you see where you are going wrong? If you don't care pro or anti you have no opinion on BFC I care about the above topics and I care about the club...different thing entirely.



It's the repetition that becomes tedious - see AVFTT for the bext example. A dozen or more threads on the same thing.



oyston is a bastard, no he isnt, yes he is, no he isnt ..ad nauseum. So far we have been able to keep that daily routine away from here.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By MR-DD 5 years ago
Oyston is not a bastard :D
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Plumby 5 years ago
"you are not a BFC fan as Karl's done nothing for the club to build it or secure it's future"



It's these mindless statements that will not unite the fans to do something about the situation as you see it.



You seem to forget that the club was almost out of business, in the bottom league, no fans, no ground & no future in the past. That is the reason I, as a new father, risked a criminal record to sit on the centre circle and protest. That is the reason a great number of fans are apathetic to your rallying cries.



Your above statement undermines your argument. What you are actually upset about is that the Oystons seem to have not taken a potentially once in a lifetime opportunity to invest "risk free" money to improve the club even further & faster than we have done before. This is a valid point & it should be the one that you focus on.



Like I say, I'm not pro or anti. I'm confused. I love where we are now but I'm concerned where the O's have put the money & what they're going (or not) to do with it.



When I cared as much as you seem to, I & a few hundred others did something about it. We brought change to the club.



If you care so much do something about it. But don't slag off the people - the fans- who have done their bit, don't agree or don't care.



Frugality or Lack of ambition?
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 years ago
MR-DD wrote:

Oyston is not a bastard :D





yes he is :D



tag(us) tig (uk) you're it.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
Cheesyleps wrote:



So it is you who gets to decide if someone is a 'fan' or not then is it? Once again, this idea that the people who follow our team week in, week out, up and down the country are not fans is trotted out! That must take some gall whilst sitting the opposite side of the Atlantic.



You sir, are a complete and utter moron.





Cheesyleps for a moderator/administrator you certainly do a poor job. I think you'll find you should lead by example so name calling doesn't cut it does it? You parrot on about me being on the other side of the Atlantic but in reality you have no clue where I am on any given day as I don't talk about the snow, or the fact that we get so much rain in Blackpool or that it's record breaking cold in LA.



That said and which you fail miserably to understand is that it doesn't matter where I am in regards to BFC. Would it change our manager go round, Owen pocketing 11 million or Karl's incompetence and contempt for fans. Would it change the fact that without TV money the Oystons unable to turn Bloomfield Road into a real estate development which is why they "saved" the club in the first place would be long gone by now?



Await your intelligent answer.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
Plumby wrote:

"you are not a BFC fan as Karl's done nothing for the club to build it or secure it's future"



At least put a whole sentence up as it makes your point mute.



Club would not have gone out of business. Family knew Bill Cartmell, I used to go in his sports shop as a kid, and someone else would have bought it. Now you could say that is conjecture on my part and I'd agree with you but I'd also point out that you're saying it would have gone out of business is also conjecture.



Portsmouth are still in business are they not? Leeds still in business?



You like the club where it is. We are in division two which is where we were in the days of Mickey Walsh. It might be called the Championship now but that's what it is. We don't own our ground, apart from subsidised construction, where are we better off? We don't own club tangerine and we're having a hard time attracting a manager of even modest achievement.



On paper we should be sitting pretty. On the field we could still build a great team as we have a good nucleus but do you see that happening? What we have is a nice facade as the Oystons strip mine the club. If people don't show awareness and caring then our decline will just mirror where we were and you'll find yourself sat back in the centre of the pitch.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Sandgrownundeux 5 years ago
All reasonable fans asked of their chairman is a middle ground. Devoid of the no money excuse our chairman has failed to find a middle ground. Not even tried to find a middle ground. Hence no one has the ability to talk about it as it doesn't exist. At this juncture you are either pro or anti not by choice perhaps but by circumstances.
RE: Do the managers have more balls than the fans?
By Cheesyleps 5 years ago
Sandgrownundeux wrote:

Cheesyleps for a moderator/administrator you certainly do a poor job. I think you'll find you should lead by example so name calling doesn't cut it does it?




As I have told you before, this isn't AVFTT. I am a user first and foremost. My role as a moderator is to keep the forum ticking over, mostly by removing spam and dealing with anything that crosses the line; that doesn't preclude me from taking part in a discussion or expressing an opinion regarding a poster. Cheesyleps, the user, thinks you are a moron.



Trying to take the moral high ground is also base hypocrisy on your part. Every time someone disagrees with you, you start producing ad hominems. Those without sin...



You parrot on about me being on the other side of the Atlantic but in reality you have no clue where I am on any given day as I don't talk about the snow, or the fact that we get so much rain in Blackpool or that it's record breaking cold in LA.




So how many games have you been to this season? Last season? How exactly is it you support BFC? By not going?



That said and which you fail miserably to understand is that it doesn't matter where I am in regards to BFC. Would it change our manager go round, Owen pocketing 11 million or Karl's incompetence and contempt for fans. Would it change the fact that without TV money the Oystons unable to turn Bloomfield Road into a real estate development which is why they "saved" the club in the first place would be long gone by now?




So if it doesn't matter where you are, why does it matter so much to you where we are? Don't presume to tell people what they should or should not do for their own entertainment with their own hard earned cash. The fact that despite the issues people still love the club enough to spend large percentages of their income supporting the 11 men on the pitch in tangerine and white is commendable; however much you try to belittle it.



Await your intelligent answer.




I await your nonsensical cut and paste retort.



Sandgrowndeux Post Guide

Pick minimum of 3 from the following:

* Those who go to games are not fans

* You are directly responsible for the economic state of blackpool fc

* You are directly responsible for the economic state of the town of blackpool

* Manager lasted <2 months; Preferred Venkys to us.

* Portsmouth as harbinger of doom

* Oyston = parasite

* Not owning stadium

*Personal comments
members do not see advertisements