members do not see advertisements

Reading plan Madejski Stadium expansion

By seasider in

Blackpool FC

5 years ago
RE: Reading plan Madejski Stadium expansion
By seasider 5 years ago
The current plans allow the club to expand the Madejski Stadium by more than 50%, to increase its capacity from 24,500 to 38,000.

"Everything has to be considered," added Sir John.

"It's important we get the squad right, we've got a great facility here already and the more we progress, the more chance we have of staying up and moving forward."

Oh the difference....
By Cheesyleps 5 years ago
If they expand to 38k and drop back down to the championship, would they fill it? Would they fill it for every game in the prem next season even?

Suspect the answer would be a no.
By tangerine77 5 years ago
No suspect about it, not a chance they would fill it.
By Rimm-BFC 5 years ago
but at least they have ambition and intent, something we are very sadly lacking.

If KOKO were to come out with a statement like that, it would be decades before anything ever happened. I bet the Mad Stad is refurbed and increased a lot faster than Bloomers ever would - just look how long it took to fill in the SE corner
By Qblock87 5 years ago
Wheres Daibo when you need him?
By seasider 5 years ago
He is still partying with his rock band.

They wouldn't fill it and probably wouldn't even in the Premier League. They will still be better off for it in the long run though.
By Tangerine_Blood84 5 years ago
Depends what schemes they have in place to increase their fan base.
By daib0 5 years ago
just seen this thread ...

Reading FC haven't forgotten these plans, but relegation was a bitter blow. The 5-year Zingarevich plan meant getting to the fringes of the European competitions. But obviously now behind schedule.

However, there are lavish plans for new Academy premises, with various pitches and one playing surface of near league standard - just for reserves.

Regarding catchment, it just depends what Oxford and Aldershot are up to - if they remain well outside second tier level, the immediate prevision is 25,000 fans minimum per home game even if remaining in the Championship - we're the only team from Berkshire, and only second tier side in whole of the Thames Valley and west till you get to Wales ...
By Qblock87 5 years ago
Daibo my friend its an instant ban now for bumping old threads. Its been nice knowing you;)
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 years ago
actually you get 27 warnings first.
By daib0 5 years ago
Qblock87 wrote:

Daibo my friend its an instant ban now for bumping old threads. Its been nice knowing you;)

Technically I think I wasn't 'bumping' it again, 'cos I'd just seen it for the first time ever! :I'm confused:

And ... that was a bit of a trap - you did previously write "Wheres Daibo when you need him?"

And when I respond ...

Trying to get ye old mate in trouble, eh? shame on you !! :epicfail: