GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

American Hustle ... a good caper movie with some funny bits and sexy women 7/10. Not as good as the rave reviews and Oscar buzz it's getting over here.

Just watched it. Got to agree with your review. Just like to add that Amy Adams is one sexy lady
I took my nephew an niece to see frozen.. IMO. Bag o Disney shite!.. Kids loved it.. One nil to the kids.. Bloody 3-d costs a fortune too.. Two nil the kids.. Sweets an stuff.. Three nil the kids.. Sending them back to there mother, off their tiny minds on e numbers, full of hype and killing each other while I wander off to the pub!.. Away win for me..
seasider wrote:

Watched two films last night.

Inbetweeners Movie - I am sure everybody has seen it. Cheap laughs and always a good watch. 7/10

Secretary - It was on till 1 so didn't think I'd stay up but was intrigued by the whole thing. A secretary was self harming herself but as a substitute, she got spanked off her boss instead. Was quite twisted and very dark but enjoyed it. Not sure what the whole point of the film was; perhaps that love can come in whatever shape and form. 6/10

Love that film!

GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

American Hustle ... a good caper movie with some funny bits and sexy women 7/10. Not as good as the rave reviews and Oscar buzz it's getting over here.

After reading very good reviews of this film, watching it, I was decidedly underwhelmed.

Watched the brilliantly weird Sightseers last night, as recommended by my son...

Great film! ...alternated between laughing and picking my jaw up off the floor whilst watching it.

Two great lead actors....can't think I've seen them in anything else.

If anyone fancies it it's on again next Monday night at 10-55 on Film4

http://www.film4.com/reviews/2012/sightseers
Just about to watch All is Lost, i have high hopes for this.
Last film I watched was Amour.

10/10. I'm not even joking.

Such a powerful and moving film. Be warned though, if you do watch it, be prepared to be depressed. It isn't a happy film by any stretch.

Also in French.
Sounds good David.

Watched Little Fockers last night and was alright for cheap laughs. Nowhere near as funny as the previous two.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/amour_2013/

Yeah, great film.

Going to watch Blue Velvet tonight. One of my faves. David Lynch is a genius.
Watched Prometheus finally last night. Better than I expected, it's the start of the Alien saga and one of those big budget jobs that finally got the missus to understand why we have a new tv and sound system.
Just watched '12 Years A Slave' Very moving, excellent film.
I want to see that Bally but not on in St.Annes.

Going to the cinema tomorrow night but the St.Annes cinema is quite limited in movies. The only two that look decent are Last Vegas and Railway Man. Has anyone seen either?
tangerine77 wrote:

Watched gravity last night, surprised that Clooney is the first to die and is only in the first half of the film.

Worth watching even if a bit far fetched. 7/10

This film is leading the way in Bafta nominations ... I was a bit disappointed with it - the storyline was a bit boring and dreary and that's what I look for above anything else.

I caught up with a couple of films this week...

The Iron Lady.

Film is so so but Meryl Streep is outstanding in her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher.

Blue Jasmine

Cate Blanchett is superb in this

I'm a Woody Allen fan but this is not his greatest and think it's Cate's performance that lifted this film to good as opposed to average.

Definitely worth a watch for Cate.

As Woody's recent films go I prefer Midnight in Paris over this.
Watched the new Alan Partridge film last night. Not as funny as the tv series in my opinion but I was in a grumpy mood.
Movie called the last stand..

Seems ok so far.
seasider wrote:

Watched the new Alan Partridge film last night. Not as funny as the tv series in my opinion but I was in a grumpy mood.

Why were you in a grumpy mood:I'm confused:
Just watched Secret Life of Walter Mitty. One for the imagination. Enjoyed it.
I've got Walter Mitty lined up to watch..glad it's decent, but you watch Coronation St so may be a poor judge.

Wolf of Wall Street - all been done before with less sex and swearing ... 5/10

August - Osage County - Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts are brilliant, but it's a morbid depressing ride. 7/10.

I want to see Nebraska.
Got both of them so will be watching soon. Hope Wolf of Wall Street is better than a 5 out of 10!
Let me know what you think seasider ...it's very adult..drugs and kinky sex, but I felt like it was a rehash of similar scenes in Scarface and Wall Street but without the good narrative to keep things moving along.
Watched Last Vegas. Not the funniest of comedies but a quality cast making pleasant easy viewing. Enjoyed it
Her. A great watch. A must see
Watched it last night Bally ... very good, but the whole premise is a bit sad.

Not a film but my 'must see' of the week and year so far is HBO's True Detective. Get on board as soon as you can because if not it will be like Breaking Bad where you wished you had. Most promising new series for years..brilliant, gritty, dark a bit weird. HBO does it again.
Thanks for the up I'll look out for that . I tend to wait until the series has finished then watch all the episodes over a few days.
Watched The Last Stand - not too bad Arnie back to doing what he does best 7/10
Bentent wrote:

Watched The Last Stand - not too bad Arnie back to doing what he does best 7/10

Not bad at all was it...

You should read previous posts on here and you will see its already comm:thumbsup:ented on!
Bally wrote:

Her. A great watch. A must see

Got Her and Last Vegas so looking forward to them. Her more so.
Watched Wolf of Wall Street. I did enjoy it, albeit a little on the long side. 3 hours is a long film
This is the end.
So Leslie this is the movie thread, welcome. The thing is, it's not a list. Describe it a bit or rate it.
Just watched Last Stand. Plenty of laughs and action.

Good film.
Downloaded Blu Ray version of Elysium. Some large plot holes but otherwise quite enjoyed it