http://bbcsporf.lockerdome.com/articles/106297381

They look impressive although I don't there will be many England fans in them!
I'm trying to work out what legacy fifa will leave for the camel herders , nothing . So FIFA have been paid for , how corrupt is that . Qatar has a population of 800,000 thousand .
rammyboy1973 wrote: Qatar has a population of 800,000 thousand .

800 million qataris? Wow! ;)
UEFA committee 100% agree that winter matches would be better. England want November to keep the Christmas/New Year football matches in place. Uefa leadership wants January to keep Champions League fixtures in place.

It's going to be a winter WC
Enigma wrote:

I hope they have got air conditioning !!

What sort of temperatures does it get to over there at that time of year?

Can get to mid fifties out there in the desert.

Those stadia look amazing and would love a stadium like that over here. Oil money being put to good use.

FIFA is corrupt and until nations start pulling out then I can't see change anytime soon.
Blatter going back on his word then...
What will happen to those stadiums after the World Cup?They'll be white elephants.
It could be a nuclear wasteland by or in the very least bombed to fuck by K.O. time.
Bally wrote:

It could be a nuclear wasteland by or in the very least bombed to fuck by K.O. time.

Unlikely. Qatar is probably the most stable of the middle eastern nations. It is also home to some huge US military bases. Been there a few times on the gas ships.

Not gonna be popular with fans regardless of time of year. To illustrate the heat: if you put a can of paint down on the deck it would start boiling off within about 2 minutes. 3 minutes later you have a tin full of plastic.