members do not see advertisements

First Pool game

By coinslot in

Blackpool FC

5 years ago
RE: First Pool game
By coinslot 5 years ago
Done a quick search & not found a thread on this subject, so here goes.

My first game at BR was in 80-81 I think. A pre season friendly against MUFC. My Dad took me & my elder bro into the South Stand. We went 2-o down before drawing 2-2 via a direct free kick and a penalty into the South Stand end. My abiding memory was the UTD fans' behaviour. They crossed the pitch into the West at half time and ran amok in the scratchers.

Anyone else at that game?. If not, what was your first game?.
By Qblock87 5 years ago
Nob End away in the league cup on a Tuesday night (lost 2-1 or 1-0)and then fun times on Plungington Road followed by Derby away on the Saturday. Two late Eammon O'Keefe pens giving us a 2-1 win and a nice friendly meet with the DLF outside. My brand new Adidas Ivan Lendl's didn't look so new after those games but I was hooked.
By tangerine77 5 years ago
Aldershot at home, think we won 4-0. Cant remember the year but i think Aldershot went out of business the same year.
By Tangoman 5 years ago
1976 Pool v Arsenal, 1-1 in the League cup! Been hooked ever since! :thumbsup:
By Qblock87 5 years ago
There was always rumours flying about in those days. Wrexhams gonna do this,Chesters gonna do that. Carlisles bringing a top firm,Wigan want a meet at the Number 3. None of them ever happened.
By Qblock87 5 years ago
Coinslot a post of yours has gone:(
By TangerineLabrador 5 years ago
Spring 1967 - actual date unknown, Blackpool 0 - 1 Everton. relegated at end of season if I remember correctly. Knee high to a grasshopper, sat in old West Stand near half way line. Only went cos my hero was Alan Ball, then became hooked on Blackpool.

First away game a couple of years later as a birthday present from my Grandad, Balckburn Rovers 1- 3 Blackpool - Fred Pickering scored a hat trick - yayyyyy!!

Those were the days - Ho hum!

My other Grandad used to take my Mum to Bloomers in the late 40s / early 50s - she is now 85, still talks about it and wants to go back to watch maybe one last match! The stress and frustration would probably finish her off!
I was there - South West Stand - with an Arsenal fan!! Midweek match if I remember?

Tangoman wrote:

1976 Pool v Arsenal, 1-1 in the League cup! Been hooked ever since! :thumbsup:

By coinslot 5 years ago
Sorry Q, I quickly withdrew it before consulting friends. So much happened those days.
By littlebillyronson 5 years ago
York City(a)the old second division in 1976,caught Tangerine fever and never, ever regretted it.
By peleno7 5 years ago
TangerineLabrador wrote:

Spring 1967 - actual date unknown, Blackpool 0 - 1 Everton. relegated at end of season if I remember correctly. Knee high to a grasshopper, sat in old West Stand near half way line. Only went cos my hero was Alan Ball, then became hooked on Blackpool.

First away game a couple of years later as a birthday present from my Grandad, Balckburn Rovers 1- 3 Blackpool - Fred Pickering scored a hat trick - yayyyyy!!

Those were the days - Ho hum!

My other Grandad used to take my Mum to Bloomers in the late 40s / early 50s - she is now 85, still talks about it and wants to go back to watch maybe one last match! The stress and frustration would probably finish her off!

Dont recall Pickering scoring 3 at Blackburn for us. Think the only time he scored hatrick was at Deepdale.
By bpoolkev66 5 years ago
Mine was 71/72 Sheff wed home dad took me went in the scratching sheds think we won 1/2-0, as for the arsenal game i was squashed in on the kop again with my dad think we took them to 3 replays that year.
Maybe Im confusing the two - was a long time ago!
peleno7 wrote:

Dont recall Pickering scoring 3 at Blackburn for us. Think the only time he scored hatrick was at Deepdale.

By tangerinejezza 5 years ago
This was my first game

Thought every game was going to be like this! How disappointed I was at the next game I went to!
By Tangoman 5 years ago
TangerineLabrador wrote:

I was there - South West Stand - with an Arsenal fan!! Midweek match if I remember?

Yeah, night game and pouring with rain. I've loved night games ever since especially when it's rained, the memories of that night flood back! :thumbsup: