We feel these guidelines will be useful for the Mods in terms of managing the forums, but just as importantly, we hope they provide users a point of reference with which to understand the basic nature of BHS and also to gauge why a post may have been moderated. The ultimate aim of it all though is to enable you to enjoy contributing to BHS and for others to enjoy your contributions.
Its also worth pointing out that:
- Mods may at times disagree on certain things. In these instance (which are rare anyway), its best to to let them work it out between themselves.
- What is set out below is a framework, not an absolute set of rules and regulations. It will be necessary at times to moderate posts for reasons that are not outlined below.
BIG RULES: Things deemed to be totally unacceptable:
- Pornographic material
- Do not post comments which could be considered libellous or make unsubstantiated claims or allegations about any individual.
- Racism, homophobia, sexism
- Spam/Commercial advertising
- Personal abuse of other posters (unless its in jest of course!)
- Posting addresses or phone numbers of private individuals anywhere on the site.
- Registering and using duplicate accounts whilst banned.
- Selling tickets more than face value.
- Quoting other media without providing a source/URL.
- All other breaches of the basic Forum T&C's in place at your time of registration or at any time during your membership of BHS. Linking to websites that promote or participate in illegal activity are not permitted.
GUIDELINES: Things we'd rather you did not do:
- Language. All posts should be written in full English and avoid text speak (e.g. l8r, g2g etc)
- Excessive Swearing. We take a liberal attitude to this, but please do not go over the top. Keep it in context and do not use swear words on new thread titles. Any one telling another user to f**k off or along those lines without any reason will be warned.
- Bumping old threads. Please don't resurrect old threads. It can be confusing to other members who haven't noticed the old date. If you wish to refer to an old thread, use the quote function or provide a link in a new thread.
- Thread etiquette. Please do not start thread titles in capital letters. They make the forum look untidy. FAO threads are forbidden unless it's of interest to other members.
- Derail threads. We appreciate the forum would be boring if threads didn't derail now and then. However, continuous derailments into private conversations or something unrelated to the topic will result in the posts being deleted.
- Creating duplicate threads. Before starting a new thread, check that the subject of your intended post is not already covered by an existing thread. Post to existing threads wherever possible.
- Avoid vague thread titles. An example of this might be 'does anybody know?', 'what do you think of this?' Please write suitably descriptive subject titles to give others an idea of the contents of your posts.
What to expect in terms of moderation:
If you ignore any of the BIG RULES, you'll will find yourself being moderated in one of the following ways (depending on each instance): - A warning or a permanent ban.
If you ignore any of the Guidelines, in the first instance you'll be notified by a moderator, who will let you know what it is they deemed to be inappropriate. Your post(s) are also likely to be edited/deleted or merged with others.
If you continue to ignore the Guidelines, you'll will find yourself being moderated in one of the following ways (depending on each instance): - A warning or a permanent ban.
What members can expect from the Mods:
Where possible we will always provide explanations or to moderate with the personal touch that we would like. However, the aim is to:
- Where possible/applicable, new users will be given a polite pointer to these guidelines if we deem it necessary.
- An explanation as to why you have been banned/had posting rights removed.
Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy the forum.